Hello, and welcome to Undiscovered Scotland, the ultimate online guide to Scotland. The site is a combination of visitor guide, accommodation listing and business directory, and aims to show you what the country is really like. We also offer website design, maintenance and hosting services.
You can navigate the site using clickable maps like the one on this page or the drop down menus. There are other resources to help you, including the Alphabetical Index, the Site Index, the Accommodation Index, the Jasmine Print Small Camping Stool,Portable Folding Stool,Lightwe listings page, the Search boxes on most pages (usually below a clickable map), the Site Information section, the What's On? and What's New? pages and Scotfax. In addition we have collections of links to resources such as Tour Operators and Walking and Climbing Holidays and Guiding. Or simply visit a random feature page.
Accommodation can be accessed via the "Accommodation" menu at the top of many pages, including this one, or using the "See and Stay" menus at the top of many other pages.
Today's header slides show the village of Plockton, an idyllic place in an idyllic setting on the shores of Loch Carron north of Kyle of Lochalsh; and the magnificent Reinforced Mesh Pop-Up Laundry Hamper, Portable Durable Handles, railway station in AutoLoc Power Accessories 18668 2-Door Flat Glass Power Window K
Clickable Map of Scotland
A ferry has operated across the mouth of the Cromarty Firth between Cromarty and Nigg for centuries. Cromarty lay on the main coastal route north from Inverness, and formed a key staging post in the pilgrimage undertaken by many to the Chapel of St Duthac at 5 Pack Replacement for Oneac ON900XRA Battery - Replacement UB12 The Cromarty to Nigg Ferry is now the only vehicle ferry in operation on the eastern side of Scotland. Its presence and continuing operation adds a great deal of character to Easter Ross. ( More ...)
On This Day
1 November 1756: The Wanlockhead Miners' Library, the second oldest subscription library in Scotland (and Europe) is established 'for our mutual improvement' with 32 members.
1 November 1940 The death in combat of Squadron Leader Archie McKellar, a leading fighter ace during the Battle of Britain.
The House With 46 Chimneys by Ken Lussey (10 November 2020).
Life changes dramatically for Kaleb, Jude and Sequoia when they move to live with their aunt in a rural corner
of central Scotland. It’s the beginning of April 2020, the early days of the coronavirus lockdown.
Three local children they meet – in a socially distanced way – draw them into a two-century old family
mystery involving the haunting of the nearby ruins of Dunmore Park. Do they try to right a wrong that was
done in 1828, a wrong that has had consequences ever since? Or is doing so simply too dangerous?
Read our full review.
- Wedding, family and other photography in central Scotland and beyond by Carolyn Henry Photography.
- Large holiday homes in Scotland for big groups and families from Big Cottages.
- Enjoy a luxury Scottish country house experience at pet-friendly Trigony House Hotel & Garden Spa.
- Apartments at Turnberry Luxury self-catering accommodation overlooking Ayrshire's beautiful coastline.
- For over 1,800 personally inspected self catering cottages across the UK visit holidaycottages.co.uk
- Arachnid Press Independent Scottish Publisher. Our latest release is the WW2 thriller Bloody Orkney.
- For a great choice of holiday cottages across the UK visit Black Stainless Steel Bracelet, Father-in-Law + Son-in-Law A Bon
- Luxury self drive guided Land Rover adventures with A Toast To Germany on great routes with stunning hotels.
- Cottage Gems A fabulous collection of luxury, stylish and 5 star holiday properties in the UK and Ireland.
- First Mortgage Scotland's leading mortgage advisors, providing fee-free and impartial mortgage advice.
- Search over 60,000 Last Minute Cottages in Scotland with great last-minute deals.
- Scot Mountain Holidays Walking, biking and adventure holidays in Scotland plus family run lodge.
- For comfortable self-catering holiday cottages in Scotland visit Interhome.co.uk
- Newburgh Holiday Lets Two holiday houses in the beautiful Ettrick valley in the Scottish Borders.
- For cheap one night getaways or romantic lodges, try Hot Tub Hideaways in Scotland for a touch of luxury.
- Hebridean Princess Small ship luxury cruises throughout the Highlands and Islands.
- Sykes Holiday Cottages, providing a great choice of self-catering accommodation throughout Scotland.
- Welcome to Fort William: A place to relax and to play. Plan your visit at fortwilliam.co.uk
- Cottages & Castles A fabulous selection of self-catering properties for your perfect Scottish escape.